Electric Car News

phreddyp

Here are a bunch of Teslas at the mall. This really isn't a good sign for Tesla, if it was a legacy automaker they would be shutting down a factory temporarily. I'm not sure they know how to deal with the down cycles, auto sales are very cyclical.

You can see this with your own eyes, therefore it doesn't count according to glhs837. Tesla cannot make them fast enough in his world, maybe his wife should have a talk with him!

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
I don't care for CNBC much, but this was a pretty good article on the state of the Tesla Supercharger network, post firing.

phreddyp

I think they should have spun it off if they didn't want to have it a part of the business.
Musk is seeing something that the general public is not. You've got to remember he has all the data that goes into the process of obtaining the sites, installing the chargers, maintaining the sites, and the use and profitably of the charging division.

Something spooked him in this regard, only time will tell.

PeoplesElbow

Musk is seeing something that the general public is not. You've got to remember he has all the data that goes into the process of obtaining the sites, installing the chargers, maintaining the sites, and the use and profitably of the charging division.

Something spooked him in this regard, only time will tell.
He had a temper tantrum because of a disagreement with the person in charge of that division. I've seen where they are supposedly rehiring parts of the team.

phreddyp

He had a temper tantrum because of a disagreement with the person in charge of that division. I've seen where they are supposedly rehiring parts of the team.
It wasn't just a disagreement; she refused to deepen the cuts and was shown the door. What's the surprise? If I had an employee who refused to do what was requested of the boss they also would be shown the door. There is more to this than just that.

PeoplesElbow

It wasn't just a disagreement; she refused to deepen the cuts and was shown the door. What's the surprise? If I had an employee who refused to do what was requested of the boss they also would be shown the door. There is more to this than just that.
Firing her was fine, firing the entire team was the temper tantrum.

glhs837

Power with Control
You can see this with your own eyes, therefore it doesn't count according to glhs837. Tesla cannot make them fast enough in his world, maybe his wife should have a talk with him!
But of course this counts. Everyone can see it. Don't recall saying they can't make them fast enough. They didn't slow the production fast enough, obviously. We could debate why sales are slowing. I see a response to market conditions. You see the entire EV industry collapsing. Let's check back next year and see.

Not sure why you keep bringing my wife into things. A shot at my manhood? You need another tree to bark up. :)

phreddyp

But of course this counts. Everyone can see it. Don't recall saying they can't make them fast enough. They didn't slow the production fast enough, obviously. We could debate why sales are slowing. I see a response to market conditions. You see the entire EV industry collapsing. Let's check back next year and see.

Not sure why you keep bringing my wife into things. A shot at my manhood? You need another tree to bark up. :)
You stated that your wife was a part of your decision-making process, my guess is that she is 95% of it.

I don't think that I have said that the EV market is collapsing, however I did say on numerous occasions that EVs were not ready for prime time and the hybrids had a better chance of being the go to product. This appears to be happening from what I have read.

Right now the EV market is in disarray Musk keeps dropping the prices which puts pressure on the used EV market, Ford is losing an ungodly amount on each EV that they sell. I bet they all are with the exception of Tesla. China is introducing a dirt-cheap model which will continue the downward pressure on pricing on both new and used EVs. It also looks like copper is about to skyrocket in price.

As I have said before the low hanging fruit has been picked, all the EV and hybrid manufacturers are going to have to cater to the pessimistic buyer. And so far that remains to be seen if they can pull it off.

Now you can get back to your trolling on this subject. Keep your eyes open I imagine there will be more bad news to come.

glhs837

Power with Control
You completely didn't read what I said. Did you? I said that I purchased two brand new vehicles based solely on what I wanted. The next two purchases were based on what my wife wanted. That's 50/50, not 95%.

The next new vehicle will be an EV of my choosing, not hers.

As for how the market shakes up again, we'll have to see.

glhs837

Power with Control
My wife certainly didn't want a neon SRT-4.... :) And she certainly didn't want it modified to well over 300 horsepower.... :) And the SRT8 charger that followed that was certainly not her choice. :)

phreddyp

You completely didn't read what I said. Did you? I said that I purchased two brand new vehicles based solely on what I wanted. The next two purchases were based on what my wife wanted. That's 50/50, not 95%.

The next new vehicle will be an EV of my choosing, not hers.

As for how the market shakes up again, we'll have to see.
50-50 MY ASS! LOL

glhs837

Power with Control
Your lack of reality and telling the truth knows no bounds! :yahoo:

Which indicates you think I am lying about something. What pray tell would that be? Do you presume to know what role my wife played in my purchase decisions or me in hers?

glhs837

Power with Control
Actually, I'm more interested in his name?
Ah, the attempt to say I'm gay to get a rise? Does this sort of thing work in the circles you run in? If my wifes a man, it would come as a shock to my children :) I suppose you have no facts and less logic, this is what you do.... :)

phreddyp

Ah, the attempt to say I'm gay to get a rise? Does this sort of thing work in the circles you run in? If my wifes a man, it would come as a shock to my children :) I suppose you have no facts and less logic, this is what you do.... :)
Certainly got your attention.! Lol plenty of ******s hide behind a heterosexual pairing at 1st. Sounds like yours has gone beyond that. Now give him a pat on the ass and get back to work.