Electric Car News

phreddyp

Well the data we have so far it says you're wrong. Turns out that fast charging isn't as bad as a lot of folks thought.

This says you just might be wrong.....

But hey, who needs facts, right? If you know a guy who says different, that's the same as measured data, right? :)
Depends on who is doing the measuring, if you did it an EV would get 100,000 miles between charges.

glhs837

Power with Control
Depends on who is doing the measuring, if you did it an EV would get 100,000 miles between charges.

Well, you are free to present facts that dispute these. I'll wait right here...... The folks who published that get data from 12,000 EV owners. But hey, maybe they are all lying..... You accuse me of being biased, yet I'm the one with data, you have nothing to back up your assertions.

phreddyp

Well, you are free to present facts that dispute these. I'll wait right here...... The folks who published that get data from 12,000 EV owners. But hey, maybe they are all lying..... You accuse me of being biased, yet I'm the one with data, you have nothing to back up your assertions.
Yes indeed and Bidens economy is the best ever. What do you expect EV owners to say after they have been snookered into buying a piece of crap ? You have got to be the most trusting and naive person here.

glhs837

Power with Control
that works both ways.
Yet only one of us has facts.

Yes indeed and Bidens economy is the best ever. What do you expect EV owners to say after they have been snookered into buying a piece of crap ? You have got to be the most trusting and naive person here.

See, Biden says one thing, the facts say otherwise, so we know he's lying. So in this story are you Biden? Proclaiming a thing to be so, when facts say otherwise? I mean maybe it's possible all 12,000 ev owners have chosen to lie in about the same way, but that's not very probable.

If you have a source of information that contradicts this, I'm all ears...... or maybe a meme or two, those are reliable sources on information, right?

Maybe I'm too trusting, but maybe, just maybe the guy who suspects a global conspiracy of millions of people to lie about a product might be too paranoid.....

phreddyp

Yet only one of us has facts.

See, Biden says one thing, the facts say otherwise, so we know he's lying. So in this story are you Biden? Proclaiming a thing to be so, when facts say otherwise? I mean maybe it's possible all 12,000 ev owners have chosen to lie in about the same way, but that's not very probable.

If you have a source of information that contradicts this, I'm all ears...... or maybe a meme or two, those are reliable sources on information, right?

Maybe I'm too trusting, but maybe, just maybe the guy who suspects a global conspiracy of millions of people to lie about a product might be too paranoid.....
You're funny also. Silly but funny.

12000 out of how many millions?
None of them had anything detrimental to say ?
If you were serious about EV's why haven't you bought one of the fire sale Teslas that Hertz is disposing of with low mileage.
$26000 sounds like a hell of a bargain unless the product is a piece of crap. Of course that is the problem they are.

When YOU purchase one you may get a modicum of respect although it will cement you being a moron.

glhs837

Power with Control
You're funny also. Silly but funny.

12000 out of how many millions?
None of them had anything detrimental to say ?
If you were serious about EV's why haven't you bought one of the fire sale Teslas that Hertz is disposing of with low mileage.
$26000 sounds like a hell of a bargain unless the product is a piece of crap. Of course that is the problem they are.

When YOU purchase one you may get a modicum of respect although it will cement you being a moron.
Ah, you found me out, your respect, thats what Ive been missing all these years. :)

About 4.9 million sold, Tesla that is. And even out of the 12,000 that reported battery data (not impressions, not feelings, just data right from the battery) I'm sure there were batteries that didn't hold up, and some that held up better. But thats why aggregated data matters, not outliers.

Why haven't I bought one? Not ready to. The stable is full up. Wife was due the last new vehicle purchase and she has no interest. Add in that the great majority of the 1,300 or so Hertz has for sale nationally (not as many as I thought) are base model 3s, and I never buy base model anything. :) Poverty buttons make me sad :)

For pieces of crap, they still get industry leading owner loyalty and satisfaction ratings.

phreddyp

Ah, you found me out, your respect, thats what Ive been missing all these years. :)

About 4.9 million sold, Tesla that is. And even out of the 12,000 that reported battery data (not impressions, not feelings, just data right from the battery) I'm sure there were batteries that didn't hold up, and some that held up better. But thats why aggregated data matters, not outliers.

Why haven't I bought one? Not ready to. The stable is full up. Wife was due the last new vehicle purchase and she has no interest. Add in that the great majority of the 1,300 or so Hertz has for sale nationally (not as many as I thought) are base model 3s, and I never buy base model anything. :) Poverty buttons make me sad :)

For pieces of crap, they still get industry leading owner loyalty and satisfaction ratings.
In other words you don't practice what you preach, nor do you put YOUR money where your mouth is. Sounds to me like your wife holds sway over you.

With a testimonial like that you there are no reasons to take your BS seriously.

You are here by demoted to troll which is one step below moron.

glhs837

Power with Control
In other words you don't practice what you preach, nor do you put YOUR money where your mouth is. Sounds to me like your wife holds sway over you.

With a testimonial like that you there are no reasons to take your BS seriously.

You are here by demoted to troll which is one step below moron.

I beg to differ, I have put far more than the price of a car where my mouth is in stock :) And I dont preach, I've never said anyone should buy them unless it fits their needs. My wife and I are a partnership. :) I bought two brand new cars of my choosing over the years, then it was her turn.

And I'm not how you think you got the authority to assign ratings :) For someone whose sole source of data is two people he allegedly knows and a bunch of memes, you have no pulpit to stand in. :)

Go Away GIF

phreddyp

I beg to differ, I have put far more than the price of a car where my mouth is in stock :) And I dont preach, I've never said anyone should buy them unless it fits their needs. My wife and I are a partnership. :) I bought two brand new cars of my choosing over the years, then it was her turn.

And I'm not how you think you got the authority to assign ratings :) For someone whose sole source of data is two people he allegedly knows and a bunch of memes, you have no pulpit to stand in. :)

Go Away GIF
Yada Yada yada! No one on this forum with maybe the exception of cpusa posts more drivel than you. You believe stats more than what you see with your own eyes like a good little liberal bot. I LUV IT LOL!

glhs837

Power with Control
Yada Yada yada! No one on this forum with maybe the exception of cpusa posts more drivel than you. You believe stats more than what you see with your own eyes like a good little liberal bot. I LUV IT LOL!

So you see a thing, one example of a thing, and think that extrapolates out to millions of the same thing? Even if you have data (not just stats, but the data the stats are derived from) that shows that thing to be an outlier?

If I see a cop shoot someone without justification, should I then say that all cops are killers? Your argument makes no sense.

Also, what have I seen with my own eyes? I personally know four Tesla owners. All of them quite happy with their vehicles. I know there are people out there not happy with them, but I've not met them. Following your logic, I must therefore think that all four million people who bought them loved them, since thats what I've seen with my own eyes. The guy who dynamited his in Europe? Must not exist. The people who joined class action suits, not real. Tha families who sued over dead loved ones? Poof, they are gone too.

Sorry, but logic is not your friend today.

phreddyp

dude your argument falls flat when you make ad homenim attacks
Truth in the subject conquers all, you are supposed to be a lawyer you should know this already.
So you see a thing, one example of a thing, and think that extrapolates out to millions of the same thing? Even if you have data (not just stats, but the data the stats are derived from) that shows that thing to be an outlier?

If I see a cop shoot someone without justification, should I then say that all cops are killers? Your argument makes no sense.

Also, what have I seen with my own eyes? I personally know four Tesla owners. All of them quite happy with their vehicles. I know there are people out there not happy with them, but I've not met them. Following your logic, I must therefore think that all four million people who bought them loved them, since thats what I've seen with my own eyes. The guy who dynamited his in Europe? Must not exist. The people who joined class action suits, not real. Tha families who sued over dead loved ones? Poof, they are gone too.

Sorry, but logic is not your friend today.
When I see maybe one or two EVs in a day of driving, that shows me that they are not doing as well as you are trying to sell. When I see folks moving on after owning one that shows the same. Don't kid yourself in this country they are not doing very well, if they were you would see dozens every day. Nice try bro, but you need to up your game!

glhs837

Power with Control
Truth in the subject conquers all, you are supposed to be a lawyer you should know this already.

When I see maybe one or two EVs in a day of driving, that shows me that they are not doing as well as you are trying to sell. When I see folks moving on after owning one that shows the same. Don't kid yourself in this country they are not doing very well, if they were you would see dozens every day. Nice try bro, but you need to up your game!
Funny, I do see anywhere from 10-20 a day down here. There were five just in the parking lot of the building I work in yesterday. Saw a lot in Norway and San Antonio last month. Then last week up in Mass and New Hampshire even more. I'll be in Jax next week and let you know how it goes.

Maybe the issue is you view your small pond as the entire ocean?

phreddyp

Funny, I do see anywhere from 10-20 a day down here. There were five just in the parking lot of the building I work in yesterday. Saw a lot in Norway and San Antonio last month. Then last week up in Mass and New Hampshire even more. I'll be in Jax next week and let you know how it goes.

Maybe the issue is you view your small pond as the entire ocean?
10 -20 a day out of thousands? Yes indeed the market is super saturated. Mass and New Hampshire two postage stamp size states, you could run an extension cord across them, no reason to charge at home LOL! Your drivel just gets funnier and funnier. Tesla's laying off thousands in the last month Ford is cutting back on batteries, this news was just out today. China is getting ready to put out the Seagull model starting at $11,000. Several other EV manufactures looking at bankruptcy unless fresh funds are obtained. Sounds to me like the crap is about to hit the fan.

I love how Musk says something and all the faithful once again gets down on their knees and proclaims him the grand pubah the stock goes up and then retreats again until he makes another statement. He is playing you like a cheap violin.

The product is not anywhere near as popular as you wish it to be, like I said before until you put your money where your mouth is whatever you say is subject to ridicule, as it well should be. But keep the faith I love listening to your drivel, carry on.

Kinnakeet

They dont want to admit that their shiney new car is worthless