You deserve it asssholes!

Hijinx

Trump called it
Dementia Joe will assassinate the auto industry and I'm glad!
This whole EV and coal powered Power plant idiocy brought on by this brain damaged President has brought on nothing but bad news for our country and the world and still there are idiots who want to run him for President again.

WTF is worn with these people.. Anyone with a brain could see that this was not going to work, and we are still tossing money at it.

BOP

Because they’re making money off of it.
Well, plus they're not spending their own money. We called it OPM - Other People's Money. The Demonrats are especially egregious about it because they think that the money Americans make is THEIR money, and we should be grateful they allow us to keep a little bit of it (and they resent that).

limblips

PREMO Member
I wish I could find the graph showing how the US has reduced carbon output by ~10% yet India and China have increased by over 100% each. The purported goal of net zero is impossible to achieve without ALL countries playing.

It is my opinion that the Al Gores, Mr. Heinz-Kerry, Gretas and the rest is they know nothing will change (and that the predictions are outright BS) but they will continue to enrich themselves until the curtain is pulled back and people see the wizard. At that point they have made the money and will either be dead or will move on to another snake oil scam. Either way they won't ever be held accountable.

Interesting Google search: "John Kerry climate czar salary"

Clem72

Trump called it
Dementia Joe will assassinate the auto industry and I'm glad!
Not sure I see the connection to the president.

The Bold EV shutdown has been planned for a couple years as it doesn't use their new Ultium platform. For the Camero, it's just the 6th gen being canned. The successor is already in the works and unless you expect them to build a new facility for every new car model it makes sense that they would shut down the old Camero line first.

In either case GM said they would be retraining employees and had different jobs for them.

So no one losing their jobs, and nothing out of the ordinary in terms of how they run their business. Really it's a non-story with a clickbait title.

WingsOfGold

Not sure I see the connection to the president.

The Bold EV shutdown has been planned for a couple years as it doesn't use their new Ultium platform. For the Camero, it's just the 6th gen being canned. The successor is already in the works and unless you expect them to build a new facility for every new car model it makes sense that they would shut down the old Camero line first.

In either case GM said they would be retraining employees and had different jobs for them.

So no one losing their jobs, and nothing out of the ordinary in terms of how they run their business. Really it's a non-story with a clickbait title.
Actually there is a strong connection to Dementia, he promised the union goons that EV's were going to boom. Fortunately that isn't happening.

Reactions: BOP

Clem72

Touting Green Movement and UNIONS
One of the cars being discontinued is an EV, so that would seem to be the opposite of "touting green movement", and you can't say that the new union agreement is too burdensome and forcing a closure, because neither closure will affect overall jobs or union membership/associated costs.

So back to what I said, what's it got to do with the price of tea in China.

Clem72

Actually there is a strong connection to Dementia, he promised the union goons that EV's were going to boom. Fortunately that isn't happening.
Has nothing to do with the planned Bolt EV discontinuation. If they instead shelved the Equinox EV, Silverado EV, Hummer EV, Escalade EV, Blazer EV..... you might have a point.

WingsOfGold

Has nothing to do with the planned Bolt EV discontinuation. If they instead shelved the Equinox EV, Silverado EV, Hummer EV, Escalade EV, Blazer EV..... you might have a point.
Why did they stop........... NOBODY wants the pos at this point. I can get almost 500 miles out of my Ram 5.7 and after a 5 minute fill up another 500 if my back would permit. If I were dumb enough to suck it dry a phone call and a gallon of gas would fix that. A gallon of electricity wouldn't.
Dementia Joe pushed the damn things and still is (war on oil}.............. 33% approval rating and I doubt it's that high.

WingsOfGold

What laid off workers. This very article mentions that are be retrained for other positions as required by their union......
Sounds like GS workers, invent jobs except a corp is expected to make money. 50 dollar hr janitors won't fly.

Clem72

Why did they stop........... NOBODY wants the pos at this point. I can get almost 500 miles out of my Ram 5.7 and after a 5 minute fill up another 500 if my back would permit. If I were dumb enough to suck it dry a phone call and a gallon of gas would fix that. A gallon of electricity wouldn't.
Dementia Joe pushed the damn things and still is (war on oil}.............. 33% approval rating and I doubt it's that high.
You sound salty. You know what vehicle nobody wants right now? Your Ram pickup. In fact someone posted a video about the hundreds sitting on the lots just a day or two ago.

WingsOfGold

You sound salty. You know what vehicle nobody wants right now? Your Ram pickup. In fact someone posted a video about the hundreds sitting on the lots just a day or two ago.
LOLOL even with Dementia Joe subsidizing them..........
Wait till that battery goes tits up.

True story, about a month ago in Peachtree City Ga I went to a Walmart, 2 ev with occupants inside. 45 minutes later.... they were still there.
You're right, I washed more salt out of my hair than most will ever see.
:)