Wrong turn leads to death of RVer in Nevada desert

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
A lot of lost people make their predicament worse by going even deeper into the unknown. Like the woman hiking the Appalachian Trail in Maine a few years back. Years later they found her campsite way off the trail.

The couple was found Tuesday in the mountainous, forested high-desert in the remote Silver Peak area of Esmeralda County about 177 miles (284 kilometers) northwest of Las Vegas, west of Goldfield and east of the California line.
Both were with the Kia passenger car they had been towing behind a 32-foot (9.8-meter) motor home before the RV got stuck in mud. They apparently decided to try to continue on in the car before it too got stuck. Beverly Barker, 69, who survived the ordeal and was reported in good shape at a Reno hospital Wednesday, the day after rescuers found her and the body of her husband, Ronnie, 72.
“What led them down that path, I don’t know. I don’t know if it was GPS or Google. I don’t know why they were there," Ferguson said.
“It was just one bad decision after another," he said. “At some point I would have thought they would have stopped sooner and disconnected the car. They probably lost their direction, took a wrong turn and then the car became stuck.”

Tech

Okay, GPS I know. It's that other thing you mentioned.....is that something they had back when you were little, Grandpa?

:jet:
It's the latest thing. Self powered, never crashes and easily recycled. In fact most states will give you the latest version as a welcoming gift.

p.s. Yes, still use paper boarding passes. Sucks to have phone crash on travel, twice.

glhs837

Power with Control
It's the latest thing. Self powered, never crashes and easily recycled. In fact most states will give you the latest version as a welcoming gift.

p.s. Yes, still use paper boarding passes. Sucks to have phone crash on travel, twice.

I might recommend better phones :)