What are you buying of Black Friday deals?

PeoplesElbow

I bought a blink floodlight camera, 8 rolls of 3d printer filament, and a new phone.

Trying to find my mom's favorite perfume, but it appears they stopped making it.

SamSpade

Kids are begging for phone upgrades, which admittedly are years overdue. Hoping either Cyber Monday or Black Friday will have a deal I like - but not holding my breath.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
images

PeoplesElbow

Kids are begging for phone upgrades, which admittedly are years overdue. Hoping either Cyber Monday or Black Friday will have a deal I like - but not holding my breath.
Amazon has some great deals on unlocked phones right now, snagged me a Google Pixel 7A, my 4A is getting long in the tooth.

Btw you can save a ton of money paying for an unlocked phone vs being raped by a carrier and paying 4x the price for a "free" phone.

SamSpade

Amazon has some great deals on unlocked phones right now, snagged me a Google Pixel 7A, my 4A is getting long in the tooth.

Btw you can save a ton of money paying for an unlocked phone vs being raped by a carrier and paying 4x the price for a "free" phone.
Maybe you can answer me this then - my daughter said that, when she got a new phone, she just switched cards. That was it. Is that it? Buy a new phone and switch SIM cards?

Now - I don't have any intention of paying a handful for three years for a "new" phone. I can do math. But I don't want to buy an unlocked phone and find out it's a paperweight.

PeoplesElbow

Maybe you can answer me this then - my daughter said that, when she got a new phone, she just switched cards. That was it. Is that it? Buy a new phone and switch SIM cards?

Now - I don't have any intention of paying a handful for three years for a "new" phone. I can do math. But I don't want to buy an unlocked phone and find out it's a paperweight.
Depends on the carrier, Verizon I think you have to go on their website and enter the iemi number in the phone and that's it. AT&T it really is as simple as swapping out the SIM card.

SamSpade

Depends on the carrier, Verizon I think you have to go on their website and enter the iemi number in the phone and that's it. AT&T it really is as simple as swapping out the SIM card.
Yeah, we're Verizon customers. I haven't found the other carriers to be as dependable in St Mary's County.
Still looking for deals. My girls keep wanting to ratchet UP what they want.

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
BJs had a pre-pre-pre black Friday sale 2 weeks ago, and I got a small tv for the bedroom. I'm done.

NOTSMC

I bought a blink floodlight camera, 8 rolls of 3d printer filament, and a new phone.

Trying to find my mom's favorite perfume, but it appears they stopped making it.
Have you tried Vermont Country Store by any chance? They carry a lot of retro type perfumes, shampoos, etc.

NOTSMC

I bought a fancier Echo Dot and a larger tv for my BF's bedroom. I swear you need binoculars to see his old one. Also got L.L.Bean shirts at a good markdown on pre Black Friday sale. Pretty pleased with what I got him this year and what I paid for it.

PeoplesElbow

I bought a fancier Echo Dot and a larger tv for my BF's bedroom. I swear you need binoculars to see his old one. Also got L.L.Bean shirts at a good markdown on pre Black Friday sale. Pretty pleased with what I got him this year and what I paid for it.
LL Bean shirts hold up really really well and are quite comfortable.

stgislander

PREMO Member
Old flat screen TV is starting to have issues, and it's not WiFi capable. I want to drop Breezeline cable TV and go with just Internet. So a new TV is in my future. I already know the make/model I want so hopefully I can find a deal.

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
... and it's not WiFi capable. I want to drop Breezeline cable TV and go with just Internet.
That's what I got for me bedroom, there's no antenna/cable outlet in there, too hard to run one. The wifi enabled tv works really well. I got a Visio, and one of the neat things about this one is an app that will find all free programing. You can also search for a particular program/movie and it will search all of it's apps and inputs to find what you ask for, regardless of what streaming service it lives on.

stgislander

PREMO Member
That's what I got for me bedroom, there's no antenna/cable outlet in there, too hard to run one. The wifi enabled tv works really well. I got a Visio, and one of the neat things about this one is an app that will find all free programing. You can also search for a particular program/movie and it will search all of it's apps and inputs to find what you ask for, regardless of what streaming service it lives on.
I'm looking at a TCL Roku. I have one as my workstation desktop monitor at the office and I love it.

PJay

Old flat screen TV is starting to have issues, and it's not WiFi capable. I want to drop Breezeline cable TV and go with just Internet. So a new TV is in my future. I already know the make/model I want so hopefully I can find a deal.
Walmart