This Is NOT a Firearm

Tech

Have coming in possession of a Smith&Wesson Model 1.
Is the current .22 short ammo compatible?

black dog

Free America
Have coming in possession of a Smith&Wesson Model 1.
Is the current .22 short ammo compatible?
It shoots .22 short black powder.
If I was going to shoot it, I would shoot CB shorts or the Acorn caps with a round ball and a primer.

If these Acorns are something that you are interested in trying and cant find them, send me a PM I believe I have a tin or five around.
22_BB_with_Container.jpg

Last edited:

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
If I was going to shoot it, I would shoot CB shorts or the Acorn caps with a round ball and a primer.
Had to look that one up. I wasn’t aware they still sold CB22s.

I remember those things from the 80s. If you did shoot them out of a rifle, the barrel better not be too long.

black dog

Free America
Had to look that one up. I wasn’t aware they still sold CB22s.

I remember those things from the 80s. If you did shoot them out of a rifle, the barrel better not be too long.
Yep, these were the first things with a primer my son shot. And old 60's Colt 22lr Scout that I bought from a old friend for 100 bucks.
He killed a thousand bad guys with it and an empty cylinder running around Dotsonville and Trent Hall.
To this day its still in his range bag when we shoot.
You guys good? Need anything?
Like that Dillon? lol

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Yep, these were the first things with a primer my son shot. And old 60's Colt 22lr Scout that I bought from a old friend for 100 bucks.
He killed a thousand bad guys with it and an empty cylinder running around Dotsonville and Trent Hall.
To this day its still in his range bag when we shoot.
You guys good? Need anything?
Like that Dillon? lol
Having fun with it. been swagging to 5.56 Primer pockets and trimming brass most of the morning. I’ve got 225 pieces ready to go. Some 45 in the cleaner right now.

Also have 75 pieces of 3030 Winchester ready to go. Next Saturday morning should be a busy one. Lol.

black dog

Free America
Having fun with it. been swagging to 5.56 Primer pockets and trimming brass most of the morning. I’ve got 225 pieces ready to go. Some 45 in the cleaner right now.

Also have 75 pieces of 3030 Winchester ready to go. Next Saturday morning should be a busy one. Lol.
Awesome, I know I have a coffee can with 30-30 brass in it. We dont shoot it.
The next time I see it lol I will toss it in the mail to you.

Edit, I will be talking to my kid in the next few days, he might remember where or what area its in.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Awesome, I know I have a coffee can with 30-30 brass in it. We dont shoot it.
The next time I see it lol I will toss it in the mail to you.

Edit, I will be talking to my kid in the next few days, he might remember where or what area its in.
Cool thanks.

I have a box of old style lead gas check bullets for 3030. Stuff like they using those Cowboys shoots.

black dog

Free America
Cool thanks.

I have a box of old style lead gas check bullets for 3030. Stuff like they using those Cowboys shoots.
Still popular in some circles. I cast 9mm, 38 special, 45 acp and for some I gas check, 22 hornet, 30 caliber - for .308 and .311 bullets, the kids 98's in 7-8 mm, 40-64, 45 -70 and 45-90 BP.
Do you cast?

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Still popular in some circles. I cast 9mm, 38 special, 45 acp and for some I gas check, 22 hornet, 30 caliber - for .308 and .311 bullets, the kids 98's in 7-8 mm, 40-64, 45 -70 and 45-90 BP.
Do you cast?
No never got into that. Friend of mine’s dad used to do it, he was also big aficionado of black powder and old military service rifles.

Watched him casting a couple times. Didn’t seem like it was too complicated. Just a lot of extra equipment I don’t think I shoot enough to make it really worthwhile.

Tech

If these Acorns are something that you are interested in trying and cant find them, send me a PM I believe I have a tin or five around.
View attachment 165194
Thanks, we figure it was my wife's great grandfather's. It's been sitting in the bottom of chest for 50 years till the wife found it. After I cleaned it up it was working properly, the inside of the barrel looks a little rough.

black dog

Free America
Thanks, we figure it was my wife's great grandfather's. It's been sitting in the bottom of chest for 50 years till the wife found it. After I cleaned it up it was working properly, the inside of the barrel looks a little rough.
Most from then that were used look that way.
If you decide you would like to try some acorns just pm me a shipping address and i'll get some off to you all.
Have fun with it.

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron

View attachment 165194
Back in New England, called the Acorn Caps, BB Caps.
They were the usual load for amusement park shooting galleries.