Powder Coating

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Anyone thinking about having something sand blasted and/or powder coated, now is the time. I just dropped off some things for coating at Ship Point Machine's (Hollywood) powder coating and sand blasting shop and the guys are hungry for some work...things are real slow.

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
Anyone thinking about having something sand blasted and/or powder coated, now is the time. I just dropped off some things for coating at Ship Point Machine's (Hollywood) powder coating and sand blasting shop and the guys are hungry for some work...things are real slow.
Big change from last year. I couldn't get them to take my work.

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
ITs always feast or famine for that business...much like it is for us.
Back when the boss and I were managing computer labs, Fran did some excellent work on some 19" rack panels for us. I have some ATV parts I've been thinking about powder coating, but they may be out of my price range. Things were easy with gov't dollars.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Back when the boss and I were managing computer labs, Fran did some excellent work on some 19" rack panels for us. I have some ATV parts I've been thinking about powder coating, but they may be out of my price range. Things were easy with gov't dollars.
Give 'em a shot...you might be pleasantly surprised. They do all my personal-project powder coating and sand blasting.

KingFish

Nothing to see here
Do they ceramic coat? I have a set of exhaust manifolds I am thinking of getting coated for future use.

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
Do they ceramic coat? I have a set of exhaust manifolds I am thinking of getting coated for future use.
If not, I was dealing with JetHot.com. Didn't actually get anything done by them, decided to use a spray-on ceramic coating. But the manifold needs to be installed after painting so it can cure with engine heat.

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
Forgot I had posted some pics.

KingFish

Nothing to see here
If not, I was dealing with JetHot.com. Didn't actually get anything done by them, decided to use a spray-on ceramic coating. But the manifold needs to be installed after painting so it can cure with engine heat.
Online quote was

The estimated cost for your Manifold is $139.7.

For two rams head manifolds and the heat riser valve.

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
Ceramic painted cover and manifold, 4 years and 15,000 miles later. And never did install the red silicon hoses I bought. Still in the box..

20221001_095020.jpg

KingFish

Nothing to see here
Ceramic painted cover and manifold, 4 years and 15,000 miles later. And never did install the red silicon hoses I bought. Still in the box..

View attachment 166432
I bought a spare pair off of ebay that I am thinking of cleaning up and swapping out but I need to drill a hole in the right hand side to add the heat riser tube to the carburetor first.