Kings Dominion

my-thyme

..if momma ain't happy...
Patron
We haven't been in years, but kids coming for a visit want to go. I'm hearing horror stories about line wait times.

Anyone have any recent real experience?

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
We haven't been in years, but kids coming for a visit want to go. I'm hearing horror stories about line wait times.

The last time I was there, took the nephews when they were little, about 15 years ago or so.... It was a walking, screaming, trashed Ghetto with long lines.

I wouldn't bet on it being better now.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Chaperones required after 4pm for 15 and younger.

Grumpy

The last time I was there, took the nephews when they were little, about 15 years ago or so.... It was a walking, screaming, trashed Ghetto with long lines.

I wouldn't bet on it being better now.
Probably 30 yrs ago for me and it was the same as your experience.

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
Chaperones required after 4pm for 15 and younger.

I'm sure THAT is gonna make a difference.

About 40 years ago. Some minority boy band was due to perform that day. We took one look into the park and decided we'd go spend our money elsewhere. No way in hell were we going to try to navigate pygmyland to wait in line with the fetid masses. Haven't been back since.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
I'm sure THAT is gonna make a difference.

About 40 years ago. Some minority boy band was due to perform that day. We took one look into the park and decided we'd go spend our money elsewhere. No way in hell were we going to try to navigate pygmyland to wait in line with the fetid masses. Haven't been back since.
It's been about 13 years for me. 8th grade graduation trip. No problems then. I think we had 11/12 kids and 5 parents. And we didn't stay after dark.

DogWhisperer

Busch Gardens might be an alternative. It used to be nicer than KD.

Plus, they'll probably be giving out free Bud Light.
Went to Busch Gardens last weekend with free tickets for military. They were giving out free Bud Light to members and .50 per glass to non-members. Still no line. If you go to any of these parks it's best to go on a weekday. We made it through the lines pretty quickly and the fast pass cost more than it's worth IMO.

PeoplesElbow

I knew one of the executives at an amusement park, he let me in on a secret, the weekend before the 4th of July weekend is the least busy weekend between Memorial Day and Labor Day. My lady and me like going in the fall, low crowds, cool and often good Halloween themed things going on.

mitzi

It used to be so much fun to go there. I made the mistake once of going when Luther Vandross was there. Nothing wrong with him, let's just say we were in the minority. Anytime after that, I always checked to see who may be having a concert that day .

AnthonyJames

R.I.P. My Brother Rick
It used to be so much fun to go there. I made the mistake once of going when Luther Vandross was there. Nothing wrong with him, let's just say we were in the minority. Anytime after that, I always checked to see who may be having a concert that day .
The Next time Slayer plays there I'll check with you to see if you want to go with me.:yay::larry:

black dog

Free America
I would pick Hershey Park or Kings Island for a 2-3 day trip before Kings Dominion.
I put irrigation about 16 - 18 yrs ago in the Park Managers home to Six Flags, we talked about the demographics and she responded to go when school is still in session during the week.
She gave us about a dozen free tickets, I passed on the outing.

mitzi

Okay. I'm gonna call and see if I can get us tickets then.

Edited: Rats! It's this weekend and they're sold out! And it looked like every one was so proud too! I'm so sorry mitzi, how can I make it up to you?

Do we still have a date to see Pink Flamingos?
Sure, I can't wait.

Clem72

I knew one of the executives at an amusement park, he let me in on a secret, the weekend before the 4th of July weekend is the least busy weekend between Memorial Day and Labor Day. My lady and me like going in the fall, low crowds, cool and often good Halloween themed things going on.
We used to take our kids during the first week of school. Was always a ghost town. Course this was on the west coast and back when kids still went to school. I assume results may vary in the DC/NOVA/Northern Maryland areas.