HOYER: Hoyer Secures Fifth District Wins in the FY2022 Omnibus Appropriations Bill

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
Was that the Bill nobody got to read until is was voted on and passed?
No, this the other one that nobody got to read before they voted on it.

Seriously, I think I read that the bill was released 12 hours before the vote HAD to be taken so the Dems could go on their sleep away weekend in Philly.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Congressman Hoyer championed funding for ten projects that will directly benefit the residents of Maryland’s Fifth District. These include:

• $4 million for Prince George’s County Department of Health to construct a pediatric telehealth network in 100 Prince George’s County public schools and provide mental health services to students.
  • $2 million for the city of Bowie to fund water infrastructure projects.
  • $2 million for St. Mary's County to dredge St. Patrick's Creek to the authorized level.
  • $1.35 million for the Prince George’s County Fire and EMS Department to fund water tanks.
  • $925,000 for Medstar Southern Maryland Hospital, a non-profit, to upgrade their behavioral health unit that provides mental health services.
  • $900,000 to the St. Mary's College of Maryland to purchase a research vessel and associated equipment to be used by their new marine sciences program.
  • $750,000 for Historic Sotterly to address critical restoration and deferred maintenance.
  • $750,000 for Bowie State University for their Institute for Restorative Justice that will focus on training staff, faculty, and community members on restorative justice and practices.
  • $500,000 for the College of Southern Maryland to upgrade equipment in the health education program.
  • $160,000 for Lifestyles of Maryland to provide wrap-around services for residents at the Southern Crossing transitional housing project in Charles County.

How does any of that benefit the residents of 5D?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
PG is in the 5th Congressional District and without PG he cannot win his seat back.

So some PG mom can't feed and clothe her kids because of Bidenflation, but by golly there's telehealth in case her kid goes berserk at school. :yay:

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
So some PG mom can't feed and clothe her kids because of Bidenflation, but by golly there's telehealth in case her kid goes berserk at school. :yay:
That's like the repeal of the sales tax on infant car seats in MD that is going through right now.

Dems are all, "Hey look, no more sales tax on these! We really care!"

"No, we will not allow an amendment to sever MD gas tax hikes from the CPI." - Also Dems.

Reality- Sure, you didn't pay sales tax on your Britax car seat but now you can't afford to drive anywhere... 💥 This is why we need telehealth! It all makes sense now, don't you know.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I get a mental picture of our legislators as mentally disabled meth heads, sitting around a conference table free-associating and being all like, "Oh, dude, that should totally be in the budget!" Beavis and Butthead conferring with Wayne and Garth to spend our tax dollars and make laws.