Colorado hiker, 23, vanishes in Rocky Mountain National Park

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Lucas Macaj last texted friend that he reached summit of Longs Peak, National Park Service says

A 23-year-old hiker has vanished while scaling the tallest peak inside Rocky Mountain National Park, officials say.

Lucas Macaj of Colorado Springs was last heard from early Sunday afternoon "when he texted a friend indicating that he was on the summit" of the 14,259 ft. Longs Peak, according to the National Park Service.

The NPS says "significant storms moved through high elevations in the park" later that day and Macaj’s vehicle was still parked the following morning at the Longs Peak Trailhead after being reported missing Sunday night.

mount-everest-magnet.jpg

Bonehead

You don't scale 14K feet plus alone, just plain stupid it's like scuba diving alone' no out if things go south. But if weather was the issue then it would not matter.

Bare-ya-cuda

Check out Dave pauladies series on missing persons. There are clusters of missing persons in and around national parks throughout the US.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Isn't there a perished soul somewhere in the world (Mt. Everest?) that has been left on the mountain and referred to as Green Boots? I could be wrong...

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Don't leave me...out in the forest where...I might...get eaten by a bear....

I saw a movie about the kid who went off the grid and ended up starving his dumbass self to death...I can't remember the name of it.... but it was a good movie and you have to wonder sometimes what people are thinking when they go into a dangerous situation completely unprepared. I was always glad my son didn't want to do things like that.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
My overly adventurous son called me on his cell phone one evening to tell me that he'd decided to climb a mountain out in western Washington...without any gear or equipment of any kind. Got late...fog rolled in..he was lost.

"Dad..just calling before my phone dies...so you'll know where I was". LMFAO.....he made my already sparse hairs turn grey(er) every day.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Don't leave me...out in the forest where...I might...get eaten by a bear....

I saw a movie about the kid who went off the grid and ended up starving his dumbass self to death...I can't remember the name of it.... but it was a good movie and you have to wonder sometimes what people are thinking when they go into a dangerous situation completely unprepared. I was always glad my son didn't want to do things like that.
The guy living in the school bus?