YouTube lately

Clem72

I was having that with FB yesterday. It was like I still had a 2400 Baud modem.
I remember how huge an upgrade my Hayes 9600 baud was over a 2400. Also one of the first "hacks" I remember for computer hardware. You could buy a 16550 UART chip and a larger memory chip and swap them on the board then flash the board with the firmware for the Hayes 14,400 modem and save like $300.

PeoplesElbow

I remember how huge an upgrade my Hayes 9600 baud was over a 2400. Also one of the first "hacks" I remember for computer hardware. You could buy a 16550 UART chip and a larger memory chip and swap them on the board then flash the board with the firmware for the Hayes 14,400 modem and save like $300.
I went straight from a 2400 to a 14.4, man what an upgrade that was.

stgislander

PREMO Member
My wife was having YT issues yesterday on her laptop (using wireless connection). I was not having any issues with YT on my desktop machine (wired connection). I told her to reboot her laptop to clear out the weeks of crap that builds up. It helped with her issue.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
It’s probably stacking up 15 commercials in the background for that 30 second video.

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
I went straight from a 2400 to a 14.4, man what an upgrade that was.
My wife had access to Arpanet and US Navy TechNet in 1981. She was a student at the Air Force Institute of Technology at Wright-Patterson AFB, OH. studying for an MSEE. Home study computer ran on PC DOS 1.1. Had a green screen CRT monitor, thermofax printer and a 300 Baud acoustic modem.

Grumpy

Had a green screen CRT monitor, thermofax printer and a 300 Baud acoustic modem.

I had an Omron CRT and 300 Baud acoustic modem at home for dialing up some computers I was taking care of at NASA/GSFC. Hilarious watching each letter form a dot at a time. Only tried to use it once or twice after i saw how slow it was since I lived within 10 minutes of GSFC. Could get there faster than it would take me to log in.

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
My wife had access to Arpanet and US Navy TechNet in 1981. She was a student at the Air Force Institute of Technology at Wright-Patterson AFB, OH. studying for an MSEE. Home study computer ran on PC DOS 1.1. Had a green screen CRT monitor, thermofax printer and a 300 Baud acoustic modem.
From 75 to 77 I was at a NORAD SAGE Site we were tied together by about 20 300 baud modems to the radar sites and other Combat Direction Centers. Slow as crap but did the job.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Anyone having severe lagging and buffering with youtube lately? Last two days its been very bad

An ongoing problem and a Hot War between Google / YouTube and Adblock

Originally thought to be an intentional slow down built into the Chrome Code, turns out a glitch in a recent version of AdBlock.

But YouTube has been hammering this home,

1705667512922.png

This started appearing Firefox where I was using a couple of filtering methods ....

Ghostery
AdBlock

I finally had to drop both and swap to uBlock Origin and a couple of custom filters

I have also noticed I can no longer que up long play list and have the videos play until the list ends ... depending on the channel the videos stop auto playing after 20 or 75, then you have to click the next button.

1705667843682.png

PeoplesElbow

An ongoing problem and a Hot War between Google / YouTube and Adblock

Originally thought to be an intentional slow down built into the Chrome Code, turns out a glitch in a recent version of AdBlock.

But YouTube has been hammering this home,

View attachment 175011

This started appearing Firefox where I was using a couple of filtering methods ....

Ghostery
AdBlock

I finally had to drop both and swap to uBlock Origin and a couple of custom filters

I have also noticed I can no longer que up long play list and have the videos play until the list ends ... depending on the channel the videos stop auto playing after 20 or 75, then you have to click the next button.

View attachment 175012
Thank you, Ad Block was why google maps wasn't working properly either, soon as I turned it off maps started working as it should.
*******s

TPD

the poor dad
YouTube was my last chance at making any money in Biden’s economy and you guys are ruining that for me with your adblockers. 😢