Woodworking in Southern Maryland

bulldog

DT.png

Oran

I'm new to the area and fairly new to forums un general. I'm trying to find a place with in 30 to 60 miles of Leonardtown that can plane 9 of my large sweet gum slabs I milled with my chainsaw. The largest are nearly 30 inches on one end, roughly 3.5 inches thick, and just over 10 feet long. They have been drying for a year in my shop, stickered and with lots of airflow over them. I just need to get them planed flat top and bottom so I can turn them into work benches for my shop.

TPD

the poor dad
I'm new to the area and fairly new to forums un general. I'm trying to find a place with in 30 to 60 miles of Leonardtown that can plane 9 of my large sweet gum slabs I milled with my chainsaw. The largest are nearly 30 inches on one end, roughly 3.5 inches thick, and just over 10 feet long. They have been drying for a year in my shop, stickered and with lots of airflow over them. I just need to get them planed flat top and bottom so I can turn them into work benches for my shop.
I'm not sure if Stoltzfus sawmill on Thompsons Corner Rd in Mechanicsville can plane anything that big but worth contacting them. Amish run outfit. Not sure how accurate this phone # is but the address is correct:

SandieGarry

If it was me, I'd rip in 2 or 3 pieces instead of 1 really wide piece. It would be easier to find a shop to plane lumber 10" - 15" wide.

Oran

If it was me, I'd rip in 2 or 3 pieces instead of 1 really wide piece. It would be easier to find a shop to plane lumber 10" - 15" wide.
If I was using them for anything other than work benches in my shop for working on my chainsaws, building engines, etc I would consider it.