New Businesses Coming to Southern Maryland

SamSpade

It looks like after about a year of nothing and two years of mostly nothing, that piece of development across from the Moose Lodge in Hollywood is resuming. They now have curbs marking the edge of the drive space - and frankly I don’t see how they fit those three little shops in there and STILL leave a place to park.

NorthBeachPerso

Honorary SMIB
It looks like after about a year of nothing and two years of mostly nothing, that piece of development across from the Moose Lodge in Hollywood is resuming. They now have curbs marking the edge of the drive space - and frankly I don’t see how they fit those three little shops in there and STILL leave a place to park.
Probably expect people to use the bus system.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
They've been working on it the last couple of weeks.

On the other corner where the red building was, there is a seafood place going in there. Want to bet it'll be done before the other?

SamSpade

They've been working on it the last couple of weeks.

On the other corner where the red building was, there is a seafood place going in there. Want to bet it'll be done before the other?
Seafood? That would definitely explain what looks like tons of access to plumbing and septic.
Hell yeah it'll be done first - on the other hand, it's been sitting there completely idle for MUCH longer than development across the street.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Seafood? That would definitely explain what looks like tons of access to plumbing and septic.
Hell yeah it'll be done first - on the other hand, it's been sitting there completely idle for MUCH longer than development across the street.
Once the building was vacated and then sold it was empty for a long time. Once they tore it down and got started it's been moving along faster than the other place. I think Nick and Rusty Shriver are behind this venture.

SamSpade

Once the building was vacated and then sold it was empty for a long time. Once they tore it down and got started it's been moving along faster than the other place. I think Nick and Rusty Shriver are behind this venture.
I think it's really a great place for a restaurant. We love Clarke's Landing - but it's all the way down that same road. Wife likes Local - but that place seems to be death for restaurants (and I think it's just - location). This place is visible, at an intersection, right off 235 and has adequate parking.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
I think it's really a great place for a restaurant. We love Clarke's Landing - but it's all the way down that same road. Wife likes Local - but that place seems to be death for restaurants (and I think it's just - location). This place is visible, at an intersection, right off 235 and has adequate parking.
I haven't been down to CL in quite a while. I've been to Local a couple of times and they seem to be thriving, always busy when I pass by.

sunshine98

Clarke's Landing is such a great location and has a gas dock, but the food and drinks are really hit and miss. Been tempted to call Jon Taffer on them.

OccamsRazor

Too many places putting patrons on long waits due to "kitchen staff shortage." I understand that it may be difficult to hire or keep cooks and other kitchen staff but, sorry... I am not waiting 90 minutes to eat at your place because you do not have enough staff to cover the traffic.
Went to Mac's Tap N Table the other day to try their milkshakes. Was told "Due to kitchen staff shortage, the wait for a table is 45-60 minutes. And even then, it may take another 30-45 minutes to get milkshakes."

Byeee.....

SamSpade

Clarke's Landing is such a great location and has a gas dock, but the food and drinks are really hit and miss. Been tempted to call Jon Taffer on them.
It's our go-to place when it's just the two of us. Food quality has improved somewhat since it became Stoney's - but SERVICE is hit or miss. Sometimes it's outstanding and sometimes, not so much, like our most recent visit, where they had a couple LARGE lunchtime tables.