Lauren Boebert.....shew....

LightRoasted

If I may ...
For your consideration ...

I distinction without a difference here. This part of the election process is purely direct democracy, the next part is the representative democracy portion.
No. There is a difference. In a Republic, representatives are democratically elected by the people.

The difference being: In a Constitutional Republic, where the Constitution is the Supreme Law of the Land, a majority rules, with the rights, freedoms, and liberties, of the people, individuals, protected. In a Republic, the majority means 50.1 percent of the citizenry rule the other 49.9 percent. But that minority still has their rights intact and protected.

In a democracy, it is mob rule where the majority can, and does, restricts, suppresses, limits, outlaws, charges fees, requires licenses for their practice, or criminalize the rights, freedoms, and liberties of the people, individuals. Democracy is dictatorship of the majority which means 50.1 percent of the citizenry rule, by dictate, the other 49.9 percent. That minority has no rights except those the condescending majority grants. Also those in power in a democracy, enjoy many rights and privileges that the people are not allowed. Sound familiar?

democracy

dĭ-mŏk′rə-sē

noun​

1. Government by the people, exercised either directly or through elected representatives.
  2. A political or social unit that has such a government.
  3. The common people, considered as the primary source of political power.
re·pub·lic
/rəˈpəblik/
a state in which supreme power is held by the people by and through their elected representatives.

Now why in the hell would we fight a revolutionary war against a democracy, through a monarchy, to just instill and create another such government as a democracy? We didn't. As Benjamin Franklin said of it: “Democracy is two wolves and lamb voting on what to have for lunch”.

In the Pledge of Allegiance, there is this phrase, just in case you are unfamiliar with it .... "I pledge allegiance to the Flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands, ..."

The oath of enlistment for one that joins the service is “I, ____________________, do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice. So help me God.”

In that Constitution there is this phrase in: Article IV, Section 4: The United States shall guarantee to every State in this Union a Republican Form of Government, and shall protect each of them against Invasion; and on Application of the Legislature, or of the Executive (when the Legislature cannot be convened) against domestic Violence.

As a mater of fact, the word democracy is nowhere in the US Constitution.

You have been successfully programmed by all the anti-American propaganda. You must enjoy living under the yoke of tyrants. Because in a democracy, tyrants rule and they use the force government to command, and ensure, obedience. As you have said many times, under different contexts, blasted government's overreach and stupidly ad nauseam. (Which is great btw to bring those issues to light). However, what you are bitching about are issues arriving from government operating as a democracy instead of as a Constitutional Republic.

LightRoasted

If I may ...

democracy

Oh, and yeah, here is your democracy in action just the other day ...

In addition to criminalizing possession of a magazine that can hold more than 10 rounds, Oregon's "Measure 114" would require a permit to purchase any firearm. To obtain the permit, Oregonians would have to:
  • Pay a fee that's expected to be $65
  • Be fingerprinted
  • Pass a criminal background check
  • Complete a safety training course
Gun owners' privacy would be violated: "State police would be required to maintain an electronically searchable, publicly available database of all permit applications," reported The Epoch Times.

With 72% of the vote counted as this article is written, "Yes" is leading 50.8% to 49.2%.

This, is what democracy looks like. But you live in Florida, one of the best working Republics left in this Nation of ours. That's why you like living there.

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member

No. There is a difference. In a Republic, representatives are democratically elected by the people.

The difference being: In a Constitutional Republic, where the Constitution is the Supreme Law of the Land, a majority rules, with the rights, freedoms, and liberties, of the people, individuals, protected. In a Republic, the majority means 50.1 percent of the citizenry rule the other 49.9 percent. But that minority still has their rights intact and protected.

In a democracy, it is mob rule where the majority can, and does, restricts, suppresses, limits, outlaws, charges fees, requires licenses for their practice, or criminalize the rights, freedoms, and liberties of the people, individuals. Democracy is dictatorship of the majority which means 50.1 percent of the citizenry rule, by dictate, the other 49.9 percent. That minority has no rights except those the condescending majority grants. Also those in power in a democracy, enjoy many rights and privileges that the people are not allowed. Sound familiar?

re·pub·lic
/rəˈpəblik/
a state in which supreme power is held by the people by and through their elected representatives.

Now why in the hell would we fight a revolutionary war against a democracy, through a monarchy, to just instill and create another such government as a democracy? We didn't. As Benjamin Franklin said of it: “Democracy is two wolves and lamb voting on what to have for lunch”.

In the Pledge of Allegiance, there is this phrase, just in case you are unfamiliar with it .... "I pledge allegiance to the Flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands, ..."

The oath of enlistment for one that joins the service is “I, ____________________, do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice. So help me God.”

In that Constitution there is this phrase in: Article IV, Section 4: The United States shall guarantee to every State in this Union a Republican Form of Government, and shall protect each of them against Invasion; and on Application of the Legislature, or of the Executive (when the Legislature cannot be convened) against domestic Violence.

As a mater of fact, the word democracy is nowhere in the US Constitution.

You have been successfully programmed by all the anti-American propaganda. You must enjoy living under the yoke of tyrants. Because in a democracy, tyrants rule and they use the force government to command, and ensure, obedience. As you have said many times, under different contexts, blasted government's overreach and stupidly ad nauseam. (Which is great btw to bring those issues to light). However, what you are bitching about are issues arriving from government operating as a democracy instead of as a Constitutional Republic.
It’s like you didn’t read my post at all because you rephrased it and used it in the first sentence.
We are at the first step, electing representatives. This is done by a direct democracy, everyone who’s legally entitled to and wants to can cast a vote for the representative of their choice.

Now for the term Republic, it’s actually a combination of two words, res-meaning owner and publica-the people in common. So a republic can in fact be a representative or a direct democracy.

Moving on to my last point, where am I bitching about anything? All I said was democracy works here in this instance.

LightRoasted

If I may ...

It’s like you didn’t read my post at all because you rephrased it and used it in the first sentence.
We are at the first step, electing representatives. This is done by a direct democracy, everyone who’s legally entitled to and wants to can cast a vote for the representative of their choice.

Now for the term Republic, it’s actually a combination of two words, res-meaning owner and publica-the people in common. So a republic can in fact be a representative or a direct democracy.

Moving on to my last point, where am I bitching about anything? All I said was democracy works here in this instance.
Not a direct democracy. We elect those in our Constitutional Republic by way of a democratic process. That's is the difference. It is not a direct democracy process. Democracy in and of itself being governmental tyrannical rule, or mob rule, where a majority is elected into power through a democratic process as well, and runs rough shod over the rights, freedoms, and liberties of the people. And which ignores the/a Constitution and makes up shiat on the fly counter to Constitutional law, and, forces edicts, through laws, upon the people until someone with enough that money can fight an unconstitutional law.

We are a representative Constitutional Republic. In which rights of the people are not infringed upon while still functioning and doing things that benefit the whole of the people, not just a select few. And in which follows the limitations placed upon in through the Constitution.

Again, in a Republic, rights of the people are codified, enshrined and protected.

In a democracy, it's anything goes. Those in power in a democracy do not represent the will people, but their own selfish interests, and the minority trouble makers over that of our Constitutional provisions.

Your last point. I never said you were bitching about anything. But it is not democracy in action here. Democracy occurs/is/transpires at and from government levels overriding the will of the people to appease a minority view that runs contrary to the Constitution and freedom.

StmarysCity79

Isn't she the one who got felt up and gave her BF a handy at a public all ages theater performance?

I'd ban her before most drag queens for that behavior alone.

SamSpade

Almost as bizarre as the comments that follow - so many assail her for ridiculing mental health (of Biden - implied).

None of them realize, by defending the mental illness of their President, they affirm that they see him as mentally ill.