Anyone get a free SOMD News newspaper in the mail?

LightRoasted

If I may ...
For your consideration ...

The one where the outside cover fold encourages you to subscribe? Anyone take the time to read the "Subscription Terms"? Isn't the reason for pre-paying for something is to lock-in a price for the maximum benefit? Read the terms. Who in their right mind would sign up for this? No wonder newspapers are failing? Hell, there's even a typo in the terms. And even if you do pre-pay and sign up for an initial 13 weeks, it will be shortened because of "Premium Editions". So 13 weeks of getting the paper, isn't 13 weeks after all. And, notice, there might be a "Maintenance Fee" added if business isn't good enough. Crazy times.

paper-terms.jpg

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
For your consideration ...

The one where the outside cover fold encourages you to subscribe? Anyone take the time to read the "Subscription Terms"? Isn't the reason for pre-paying for something is to lock-in a price for the maximum benefit? Read the terms. Who in their right mind would sign up for this? No wonder newspapers are failing? Hell, there's even a typo in the terms. And even if you do pre-pay and sign up for an initial 13 weeks, it will be shortened because of "Premium Editions". So 13 weeks of getting the paper, isn't 13 weeks after all. And, notice, there might be a "Maintenance Fee" added if business isn't good enough. Crazy times.

View attachment 176840

:roflmao:

"I'm a journalism :dork: "

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
Is that what I got? The "yard" trash can is right on the way to the house. I 86ed it with the junkmail before reaching the front door.

OccamsRazor

My elderly neighbor still gets the paper delivered. I especially love that since the newspaper outlets stopped paying for delivery drivers and they went with the USPS, my neighbor gets every weekend paper delivered on Monday. All the news that was last weeks news!

DaSDGuy

I had a subscription to the EmptyPrize about 15 years ago. The delivery person quit and they stopped delivering. Contacted them numerous times and they couldn't care less. I have adopted that attitude towards them. They still owe me for 6 months. If they make good on that and apologize I might (MIGHT) consider re-subscribing. I'm not holding my breath. Like I said, I have their "I couldn't care less about them" attitude now.
FYI - the dog wouldn't use the paper as a puppy pad substitute. Smart puppers.